Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mother of the Year

Wow. I can't be the only one who thinks that, no matter what she's been through, Beli is a terrible mother who should not have had children. She could blame her pain and attitude on so many situations she suffered through during her youth, but that doesn't mean she should be allowed to take any of that out on her children or subject them to such verbal and physical abuse. Please don't misunderstand; I'm not one of those people who thinks spanking their children is wrong. Slapping children around, however, is never ever acceptable. It also kills me that she would lie to her own daughter and fake crying just to try to get Lola to come back toward her. If I were Lola and my mother had tricked me like that just to smile like a lion afterward, I would've broken her face. That was humiliating and psychologically damaging. It's amazing that Lola had the compassion in her to turn back toward her mother in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Beli is continuing the cycle of violence instead of putting an end to it and being a good mother to her children. The situations she experienced in her past gives her no right to abuse her children, nor manipulate them to get what she wants. But I think the overall picture here with Lola is that Beli is her mother. I think Lola has been so manipulated by Beli that each time she goes back, part of her thinks that she's going to return home to a mother who will welcome her with open arms and be thankful she is home. It's Lola's need for her mother to change that seems to drive her back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutley right, a mother should not ever treat her child the way Beli has treated Lola. I understand the need for a mother and I wish Lola had another female role model in her life to guide her and help her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you are saying and don't personally like Beli, but it is extremely hard to break a cycle of violence like that. Also, i don't feel that we get enough of Beli's perspective to make a judgement about how she should act. No one is perfect, and although Beli should not mistreat her children, we can't make it that cut and dry.

    ReplyDelete